Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M 40 ss from estonia

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Mario, thanks for showing this nice original helmet. Cheers, Ade. Thank you Ade. , it's a pleasure! Cheers Mario

relic59
    ?

Default M 40 ss from estonia

Hallo guys, I will like to show you my last SS relic. It's an M40 maybe size 64, with decal and runes still good visible.

Helmet was find in Estonia, near city of Kurtna, in a artillery position of Regiment SS "Totenkopf" Division. This Regiment was a part of 4th "SS Nederlande Brigade".
    Helmet is most rusty, and in some parts are visible a little piece of cover remains. There is a green colour in some parts also. Shell has still the hoop and a hole on the rear.
    I love this relic !!!

Your opinions are welcome!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 40 ss from estonia   M 40 ss from estonia  

M 40 ss from estonia   M 40 ss from estonia  

2. # ADS

Default Re: M 40 ss from estonia

Extremely nice with most of the SS decal still intact ! !

Regards,

Steve.

NICE FIND,,,

relic59
    ?

Thank you bought guys; it's one of the best SS relic decal I see in the last years !!
    It's incredible preserved!
    Cheers
    Mario

Its a lovely very rusted relic ,but the decal dosnt seem to have the consistent patina with the helmet.im not saying the decal is fake ,but it is one area the fakers are now paying attention too.im hoping its genuine ,but its a decal personally if i where buying the relic i would carefully study,before parting with money.the relic sellers are asking many hundreds of pounds for apparently ss relics,so its wise to be very very careful.if genuine its a lovely relic i would love to have.

relic59
    ?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    Its a lovely very rusted relic ,but the decal dosnt seem to have the consistent patina with the helmet.im not saying the decal is fake ,but it is one area the fakers are now paying attention too.im hoping its genuine ,but its a decal personally if i where buying the relic i would carefully study,before parting with money.the relic sellers are asking many hundreds of pounds for apparently ss relics,so its wise to be very very careful.if genuine its a lovely relic i would love to have.
    Hi Las W. , you have reason about the fake; at this time you must be carefull to decals SS copy but this is a real genuine second pattern SS ET decal.
    I posted this helmet in many forum (italian and US forum) and all people said decal is good ! (kelly Hicks too)
    Many many people saw the helmet in hours hands and all says this is absolutely real decal ET.
    I enclose other two pics with a different light for best view (my pics has a particular light) !
    Cheers
    Mario
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 40 ss from estonia   M 40 ss from estonia  

M 40 ss from estonia  

Hi Mario, thanks for showing this nice original helmet.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by relic59 View Post
    Hallo guys, I will like to show you my last SS relic. It's an M40 maybe size 64, with decal and runes still good visible.

Helmet was find in Estonia, near city of Kurtna, in a artillery position of Regiment SS "Totenkopf" Division. This Regiment was a part of 4th "SS Nederlande Brigade".
    Helmet is most rusty, and in some parts are visible a little piece of cover remains. There is a green colour in some parts also. Shell has still the hoop and a hole on the rear.
    I love this relic !!!

Your opinions are welcome!!
    Never heard of Totenkopf Arty unit being part of Nederland , II / Artillerie Regt 54 came initially from the SS Polizei Division and they will have been in Kurtna at some stage before and after the fighting around Dorpat.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Forgot to add a lovely relic
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

The Kurtna isn't a frontline, that is a rear positions, approximately 25 km from the frontline
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast