MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD ss helmet?

Article about: Hey guys thought I would post this. A friend of mine showed me his collection and he's selling it all off together (rifles, snipers, pistols, helmets, ww2 Harley's, ww2 jeep, everything) and

Default M35 DD ss helmet?

Hey guys thought I would post this. A friend of mine showed me his collection and he's selling it all off together (rifles, snipers, pistols, helmets, ww2 Harley's, ww2 jeep, everything) and he showed me several helmets. I will post the others elsewhere. This one I wanted to post because he had it appraised years and years ago and wanted to know if it's good or not, he was told it was. He got it from his friend. when he was diagnosed terminally ill he gave it away to my friend shortly before passing. I am new to SS helmets so I can't say much other than what I think. he was told years and years ago by an appraiser it "looked" good. But that was a different time in collecting. So I thought I'd ask the experts.

M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet? M35 DD ss helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD ss helmet?
    P
    Many

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad brews before but…. No, it is not real. Jim G.

I didn't like it either to be honest, but I don't know much about the ss helmets. Is that a Champagne decal? Because it looked like it to me.

Hi Simon, It is not a champagne rune insignia, it is just an older repro decal probably from the 1970’s or 1980’s. What we learned from the research of Doug B. is that champagne runes aren’t decals at all, rather they are template spray painted onto the shell. As I understand it Al B. was the first to call them “champagne runes” many years ago because the color reminded him of the champagne color of some automobile paints. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 05-05-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Ahh. That makes things clearer! Also that makes sense with this helmet. Dave wore this helmet in the late 60's early 70's on his motorcycle. Not sure if he thought it was original or not, but my friend who has it now thought it was when it was given to him.