Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)

Article about: Lessons to be learned here! I feel bad for the guy who bought it but... I don't understand how it got that far.

Default M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)

Hello guys,
    I have been looking at this Helmet in a friends collection for a while now and to be quite honest its hard to tell if its real or fake. Its a black parade Helmet and not combat issue of course.Decals seem right and age right down to the alloy liner and untouched rivets seem to be as they should be.
    Please take a look and be honest with this one because the owner (who will remain anonomous) would like to know if he has the real deal:-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)   M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)  

M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)   M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)  

M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)   M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)  

M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35 double decal SS. Real or fake guys:-)

Tom, Sorry, but in my opinion, it is no good. The decals are repros and applied over bad paint. Look at the top right corner of the party shield, applied over a pit. Most black SS helmets do not have black paint in the interior of the dome, this one appears that it does. Liner looks bad and I don't buy the decal on the rear of the apron, which is also applied over bad paint. Other than the original shell I think that it is a complete repro. Sorry, Jim G.

Tom.
    I for one, have never ever, ever, ever, seem an RZM label on a helmet.
    Just because I haven't seen one, doesn't mean it didn't exist.
    The chinstrap is IMO an early repro, which in turn, coupled with the "label" would point in all areas to being "not quite right" Definitely a repro party shield, and to give better observations, shots of the runes decal need to be taken straight on without flash.I don't like anything on this one, sorry

Hi Guys,
    Well thankyou for your replys and opinions on this one guys. I am a bit shocked that its not right but don't collect SS for that very reason.The party shield is a repro along with chinstrap and rear decal so its not looking good for my friend as he was hopeing to have great value in this one.He paid Aus$4,200.00 for it too so hes not going to be happy but thats life when you collect the unknown i guess.Again the very best of gratitude for your honest replys and ive got to addmire your knowledge of this stuff:-)

Tom

OUCH!
    I would love to be proved wrong on it, perhaps Doug, Francis, or Frank could comment

Hi Tom, the whole thing is bad....

The RZM decal is a fantasy item. I think John was being diplomatic on this one.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I agree with all of the above statements.
    The RZM sticker is a joke.
    I hate it when I read someone paid a small fortune for a bad helmet. It would be educational to know who the helmet was purchased from.
    Steve

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Tom, the whole thing is bad....

The RZM decal is a fantasy item. I think John was being diplomatic on this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    I was Ade, especially since it cost so much

Hi John, I too cringed when I saw the price paid. That is a lot of money in anyone's book.

Cheers, Ade.

No that's not a good one I'm afraid.
    Everything is suspect , from the decals to the paint all the way to the liner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast