Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 ss dd

Article about: I didn't know how to post the title to this thread because I wasn't sure if it should be here for what it was supposed to look like or if it should be in the fake helmet forums. But it comes

Default M35 ss dd

I didn't know how to post the title to this thread because I wasn't sure if it should be here for what it was supposed to look like or if it should be in the fake helmet forums. But it comes with a good story... It"s the helmet that got me and my brother into helmet and visor cap collecting. My dad bought this when I was 8 or 9. We were suspicious then and this is the helmet that got me into collecting. The shell and liner look good, the chin strap I question as a re-pop, it's way nicer than the liner and of course you have the decals. There has been a badge of some kind on the front at one time. The paint looks original and doesn't appear to have been repainted but it could have been blasted and painted. So here is the helmet we have had for around 28 years and got me into helmet collecting. Be Nice!!
    Helmet marked ET64 lot #3110

M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd M35 ss dd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ss dd
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Don't get rid of it regardless of what is. The memories are what make this helmet important to you

As for the rest? Bad paint, of course the decals too. (The skull decal is a fantasy). Strap is bad

I'll hold judgement on the shell itself and let others reply as I'm on a cell phone and don't have my reading glasses. But the hole in the vent grommet looks off center. Probably just my eyes and all good. Black paint all over the liner and and bales
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Don't get rid of it regardless of what is. The memories are what make this helmet important to you

As for the rest? Bad paint, of course the decals too. Strap is bad

I'll hold judgement on the shell itself and let others reply as I'm on a cell phone and don't have my reading glasses. But the vent hole looks off center. Probably just my eyes
    I wouldn't take love nor money for it. My dad bought it when I was with him and we were suspicious of it 28 years ago. I think the shell and liner are good. There is an ET64 on the side of the neck guard the E is a little light but there when not trying to maneuver a camera. Lot number is there too on the back of the neck guard. That's what makes me believe the shell is good. The vent holes are the rivet style of the M35.

MAP
    ?

Yes. I already edited my post with clarification

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. I already edited my post with clarification
    Ah yes, I just noticed it. It's a fun conversation piece that got two kids into helmet collecting. And dad didn't pay much for it as I recall.

Now one thing I'd like for you to educate me on is the chin strap. Is it bad (fake)? or is it bad just to that helmet. I thought it might be original but added to this helmet but I was suspicious of that considering the liner condition. You seemed to be able to condemn it pretty quickly. Can you tell me what tipped you off? Other than condition, which led me to believe not good for this helmet.

Thanks, Simon from Ohio.

MAP
    ?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    Ah yes, I just noticed it. It's a fun conversation piece that got two kids into helmet collecting. And dad didn't pay much for it as I recall.

Now one thing I'd like for you to educate me on is the chin strap. Is it bad (fake)? or is it bad just to that helmet. I thought it might be original but added to this helmet but I was suspicious of that considering the liner condition. You seemed to be able to condemn it pretty quickly. Can you tell me what tipped you off? Other than condition, which led me to believe not good for this helmet.

Thanks, Simon from Ohio.
    I have not seen a buckle like that before.

Nice to have those memories of the earlier days spent with family.. I cherish the times I had with my mom and dad at flea markets and antique stores..

I seem to have read somewhere on here about curved buckles on chinstraps,, I can't recall where I saw it but I think the buckle may be authentic.. I just wish I can remember where I read about them..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Nice to have those memories of the earlier days spent with family.. I cherish the times I had with my mom and dad at flea markets and antique stores..

I seem to have read somewhere on here about curved buckles on chinstraps,, I can't recall where I saw it but I think the buckle may be authentic.. I just wish I can remember where I read about them..

Smitty
    Hopefully we can find out. I've never seen one like this but doesn't mean they don't exist.

It also doesn't exist in Jan's new book which has a pretty decent section of buckle types. However, there are many types and no book can cover them all.