MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Q40 steel SS helmet

Article about: This is a M40 Q64 steel SS helmet offered by a respected dealer. The runics fit what you should expect from a Q SS-decal. But I am a little suspicious about the white line above the black ho

Default M40 Q40 steel SS helmet

This is a M40 Q64 steel SS helmet offered by a respected dealer. The runics fit what you should expect from a Q SS-decal. But I am a little suspicious about the white line above the black horizontal border of the decal. I looked for a similar 'miss-aligned' SS decal in a few books, but could not find one. Thanks in advance for your input !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Q40 steel SS helmet   M40 Q40 steel SS helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images M40 Q40 steel SS helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Q40 steel SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

dude the photographer has shaking hands is he drunk or got he parkinsona? may we see photos in right angle? well white line above may be factory defect

well it looks like quist, should be good. Let us hear others. Is it bevo militaria? how much wants he?

regards

These are the only pictures of the decal on the website. I did not mention the dealer as I don't want that to be a point in the decision making. If the photographer was drunk the whole pictures should be blurry I think.

The white line is not an issue , it is remnant of the backing paper where the decal was printed on. You see this sometimes on other decals as sell. It is a good Q but way too expensive.

MAP
    ?

Could also maybe just a misalignment of the black boarder.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This is a M40 Q64 SD SS helmet. Lotnumber DN32? with original factory paint.
    When I look in the date base :

DN270 Q 66 SD SS steel liner Q runes 90% (top of both runes damaged and middle of left rune) - brown leather
    DN275 Q 64 SD Heer steel liner 1943 decal only 20% left - nice rough paint - tan/light brown leather
    DN311 Q 66 ND alu reinforced liner rear marked - light/tan brown leather
    DN329 Q 64 DD SS steel liner 1943 Q runes 60% (left half damaged) – party shield 65% (top right corner and left bottom most damaged) – dark brown used leather
    DN332 Q 64 SD Heer steel liner partial decal - camo green/tan - tan leather
    DN355 Q 64 ND steel liner 1943 LW
    DN355 Q 64 SD SS steel liner 1943 Q decal 97% (small scuffs) - tan leather
    DN358 Q 64 SD Heer steel liner rear marked - non BF eagle 99% (lots of lacquer on the shell under the decal) -tan light brown leather with name
    DN361 Q 64 DD Polizei steel liner rear marked - eagle 99% - party 90% lots of scratches - scratched out name on leather
    DN361 Q 64 ND steel liner rear marked - painted Norwegian symbol on the left side (circle a cross and two swords) - tan leather

Should it not be a DD helmet as DN329 is one ?

Hello Erwin , why should it be a DD ? You see SD’s below and above that number so it is not an assumption I would derive from the list. Take into account that M40 DD SS are exceptional.

Frank,
    at a certain moment, manufacterures were 'ordered' just to put only one decal on their helmets, except for polizei. So why they put sometimes only one decal on the helmet (non reissue helmet), and next time 2 decals on their helmets (when the lotnumber is greater ) ?

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Frank,
    at a certain moment, manufacterures were 'ordered' just to put only one decal on their helmets, except for polizei. So why they put sometimes only one decal on the helmet (non reissue helmet), and next time 2 decals on their helmets (when the lotnumber is greater ) ?
    We have no solid proof on why there are DD SS inbetween the single decal lots. We just know it happened. Maybe a special order , maybe the other decal was applied at the delivery point for specific reasons.
    The data available in the lotnr at this point is very limited as well.

One or two decals, I guess in the field this did not make such a big difference. A heer or runic decal might as well draw the attention as a tricolor or a swastica (or was it just for butget reasons ?) So many people at different times worked in the factory and applied decals, so a person that worked ellswhere in the factory or at a different place a month earlier that was used to apply 2 decals might easily forget the new regulations in these hectic periods untill someone draw his attention to it..., I guess...