Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SS SD helmet

Article about: Here I present another one. Pictures are of the complete helmet. But as the inner liner is loose, I removed it for some other pictures. Let me try : - The liner has been removed and replaced

Default M40 SS SD helmet

Here I present another one. Pictures are of the complete helmet. But as the inner liner is loose, I removed it for some other pictures.
    Let me try :
    - The liner has been removed and replaced by another one , as you can see on the outside of the helmet (head of the splitpen is flattend) and the legs of the splitpens are not bent like it is in the factory. Also one splitpen is of a smaller size.
    - the chinstrap is probably a reproduction as most 'Larsen Berlin' chinstraps are...
    - I am not 100% sure if this is an ET or EF helmet, but when I look to the graffics of the letters, I think it is an ET helmet.
    - the decal is supposed to be an ET runic decal (fake or not)
    Thanks for your evaluation of this helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS SD helmet   M40 SS SD helmet  

M40 SS SD helmet   M40 SS SD helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS SD helmet
    P
    Many

difference in colour inside/outside mostly due to dust. After rincing it, i see a crack in the shell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS SD helmet  

Not much good going on with this helmet, a fake decal and buggered about liner and as you noted, a reproduction chin strap.

So, a fake ET decal as i expected ? I saw it on the sewtooth aspect when i used the magnifying glass on my gsm. I will send you a picture of it. But how you saw it with the naked eye ? i guess not only gutfeeling ? Erwin

Are all these helmets from the same enhancement production line?

here the picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS SD helmet  

Don't understand your question...Ah yes, you can see it on the picture of the decal I sent too...

Yes , the sawtooth is condemning , but even without the close it is obvious it is fake. The color of the paint is off as well.
    Btw never remove a liner from a real Ww2 helmet even if it is loose.