Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Waffen SS Helmet?

Article about: Hello good afternoon everyone, I have been offered this German M40 helmet of the Waffen SS. To me, everything looks good, the chinstrap is missing, it has two bullet impacts, I don't give it

Default M40 Waffen SS Helmet?

Hello good afternoon everyone, I have been offered this German M40 helmet of the Waffen SS. To me, everything looks good, the chinstrap is missing, it has two bullet impacts, I don't give it a problem, they look like a pistol, it adds to the patina for my taste, the decal I have my doubts, it seems good, but the wear that it has is strange, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Waffen SS Helmet?   M40 Waffen SS Helmet?  

M40 Waffen SS Helmet?   M40 Waffen SS Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Waffen SS Helmet?
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Suspicious to say the least and nothing I would be interested in although I´m no expert in SS helmets. The whole thing screams artificially aged (including the "bullet dent").

Best, Jan

Horrible fake , Good Ss helmets are never offered they sell immediately at top prices.

Thank you for your answers, well it was offered because I know the seller, and he offers me products when he gets them to sell. What is fake? the decal only?

decal , paint and perhaps liner (certainly replaced).

TWS
    ?

Agree with Frank. Nothing good here.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Same here. Frank is spot on
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all, I really appreciate the help. I don't have much money, so I have to spend it wisely. I'm planning the buying of a Mein Kampf book dated 1932

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    Thank you all, I really appreciate the help. I don't have much money, so I have to spend it wisely. I'm planning the buying of a Mein Kampf book dated 1932
    Whatever it is please ask for advice here first, there are plenty who are pleased to assist a fellow enthusiast.