Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 with a camo cover

Article about: Another one in local auction here in Finland. Condition is little rough but do you think that it is authentic? These are only photos I have.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AxelSomething View Post

The same helmet popped up for sale again.
    Like a bad penny.

Is someone trying to flip it? Or maybe this is a scam? Photos are different though
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 with a camo cover
    P
    Many

Or someone who burned their fingers trying to recover their loss.

The phrase that comes to mind is "bad to the bone".

Quote by MAP View Post
    Like a bad penny.

Is someone trying to flip it? Or maybe this is a scam? Photos are different though

I think the person who bought originally it didn't like it in hand and decided to put it for sale (on a Finnish site, sort of like eBay). Curious about what it will go for this time, currently at 151 euros.

M42 with a camo cover

Jan
    ?

Seems so yes... The latest question to the seller is "Where did you get the helmet?" let´s see what (if) he answers.

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

And his answer is ...

"I bought it from a friend who had bought the helmet from a man from Lappland a long time ago"

Best,

Jan

I think that the seller bought the helmet for just to make a profit. He advertises in one other finnish site that he is "a military historian who buys militaria". And everything he buys he sells.
    He sells a lot of fake stuff, like for example those russian helmets that I posted in other threads. Everytime when someone calls out that he is selling fakes he asks the site admins to remove those comments. And if the price doesn't get high enough, then always the same nickname buys the stuff and later it pop out in a different auction. I can bet that if this helmet goes for less than he paid for it will happen again.
    I strongly advise that anyone who collects militaria in Finland would avoid that seller. I know that sometimes he has good stuff for sale but personally I wouldn't buy anything from him.

CSW
    ?

And for those who haven't been following this particular mess on the auction site, the seller's account was just recently banned because of this and other scams. A rather amusing end considering how aggressively he was threatening to have other users banned just for exposing his fakes.

Quote by CSW View Post
    And for those who haven't been following this particular mess on the auction site, the seller's account was just recently banned because of this and other scams. A rather amusing end considering how aggressively he was threatening to have other users banned just for exposing his fakes.
    Familiar background on these listings on different accounts. Seems like his other account got suspended too.

M42 with a camo cover

M42 with a camo cover

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2