Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M42 ET camo with decal

Article about: Greeting to all, I've recently bought this M42 ET64 southfront camo from a friend of mine, really trustworthy. All pieces look good to me, my only concern is about the decal remains for its

Default M42 ET camo with decal

Greeting to all,

I've recently bought this M42 ET64 southfront camo from a friend of mine, really trustworthy. All pieces look good to me, my only concern is about the decal remains for its application on the right side. I've read some divergent opinion about the existence of M42 ET SS helmets, so I wanted to know about your considerations. The helmet is a really used one found in Linea Gotica years ago, serial number is not longer readable but it looks like a 1?03 or 1?06. There is not so much that remains actually to judge but I trust about your expertise. Thank you all.

M42 ET camo with decalM42 ET camo with decalM42 ET camo with decalM42 ET camo with decalM42 ET camo with decalM42 ET camo with decalM42 ET camo with decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ET camo with decal
    P
    Many

I would always bow to the stahlhelm meisters but the decal appears to be a Heer rather than siegrunes over the camouflaged paintwork which would be a red flag for me. But it may just be my eyes. Condition isn't great and might be down to damp storage conditions as the leather tongues of the liner appear fair compared to the outer rust. Will be interested to see what Frank & others think.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 10-11-2023 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Edit

Could be a Heer one, just the white inside of the decal made me think about a SS one. Helmet should be in decal range according to lot number and maker, but there is no sign of decal in the left side