Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet

Article about: Good day folks! Been offered the chance to get this and looking for some information regarding it. I note the runes are reversed as compared to what l usually see on SS Helmets. Been told it

?

Default M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet

Good day folks!

Been offered the chance to get this and looking for some information regarding it. I note the runes are reversed as compared to what l usually see on SS Helmets. Been told it is an EF62 manufacture as it is a bit difficult to see in the photos. Any help appreciated on this as l know there's alot of fake SS Helmets out there!

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet   M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet  

M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet   M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet  

M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet
    P
    Many

There are reverse decal M42 SS helmets, and many are EF shells. Helmets with factory applied police decals were re decades with the application of a Pocher runic decal over the Police Adler, and redirected to the SS. Many were issued to foreign volunteers. The Party shield on this one looks like an EF Party Shield, although the pictures are really inadequate to reach a definitive decision. The runic shield may be ok, but again, without better pictures I wouldn’t give it a thumbs up yet. This one has a chance, but I am not endorsing it on these pictures. Jim G.

Much better close ups of both decals are needed and a full liner photo.

?

Many thanks guys will ask the guy if he can send us more photos of it!

?

Full liner and Party Badge, will hopefully get better photos of the runes later in the day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet   M42 Re-Issued DD SS Helmet  

Last edited by JG42; 09-01-2022 at 03:51 PM.

MAP
    ?

Liner looks a little too large for a sized 62 shell. 9 tongues were used in sized 68 helmets
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

"Liner looks a little too large for a sized 62 shell. 9 tongues were used in sized 68 helmets"

The leather most definitely has been replaced by a collector. Regarding the decals, the Party Shield looks good. There are several decals on the left, and the runic shield on top looks like it may very well be real, but I will let others give it the final thumbs up. The helmet certainly isn't "untouched" and that should be reflectedd in the price if you decide to go for it. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    "Liner looks a little too large for a sized 62 shell. 9 tongues were used in sized 68 helmets"

The leather most definitely has been replaced by a collector.
    Yes Jim. I assumed that would have been the conclusion from my comment. Should have spelled it out! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)