Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

My New M40 SS helmet

Article about: Hey guys! Just got my M40 SS helmet in and had to take quick pictures of it real quick lol! I didn’t want to keep it out in the sun for long because I just felt like it might cause harm to

Quote by MAP View Post
    Find any boxes stored in the back of the storeroom full of unissued Panzer Grenadier doe skin visors?
    Not as of yet, also still missing the two M38 helmets from my grandpa and his brother (both were FJ).. maybe you have one of them?
    Found a bunch of other cool stuff in the attic recently though.
    Framed pictures from a FJ exercise in Stendal, hundreds of undeveloped photos from the war and other things.
    Luis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New M40 SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

You actually did it!

I remember you telling me you were saving for an SS helmet about a year ago. looks like it paid off.

Big Congrats, Giants. That is a stunning helmet.

Hey Alex Good to hear from you, and thank you!! Literally my dream to own a SS helmet... sometimes I just have to pinch myself haha but thank you very much!

Well...an interesting reading Gents.

B&C used to produce reinforced until the 1940 in the same year they started with the steel. this is dated 1938 which is a bit unusual but with Q you can expect weird things such as discrepancies on components.
    One thing i like is the matching conditions of the pins: outside almost minty as the shell (and you see the rust at the base), inside prongs are oxidized as well as the leaf springs and washers.
    If we look at the inner dome we can see this helmet got a severe humidity (not saying water) for a period, thus i am rather positive than negative after all, also for the look of the leather, even if in hand would tell more.

You can have a look if the small pins (of the alu reinforced band) left some dark signs on the leather, one side more than the other side. that would indicate that the leather belongs to that band since wartime.
    I just tink it has been cleaned a bit (inside).

Nice helmet !!

Thank you Sysyphus! The small pins you are talking about are these the circular pins that secure the leather to the liner along the edges (sorry I do not know all the terminology)

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Thank you Sysyphus! The small pins you are talking about are these the circular pins that secure the leather to the liner along the edges (sorry I do not know all the terminology)
    Hi Giants77.
    I meant the small ones which secure the reinforced bands over the whole band.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New M40 SS helmet  

Nice pick up Giants..... Brave Man forking out on that hoping it’s correct.
    Glad it appears to be ok though and you are happy with it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7