Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need Authentication on SS Wire Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, my first real post here and need your expertise I'm about to buy, do you guys think its the real deal? Much appreciated, Mark

Hello.
    Can not comment on authenticity, but can say that initials ar Ē.Blūms... that is latvian name/surname, probably Ēriks Blūms. That is pointing to the direction, that it has been offered from Latvia!? Those bastards down there are running small underground fake industry.
    Regards,
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Authentication on SS Wire Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Luis, that goes for ET M42's. There are ET M40 SS helmets, but the thread starter is NOT one of them. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the additional images - they are still quite poor but I understand you are at the mercy of the seller in that regard.

I am in way way a decal expert so so please wait to hear from some of our more seasoned decal experts.

However, from what I can see if the decal closeup I’m an not liking it. It appears to have a very rounded bottom to the shield to begin with. Not really seeing any metallic properties to the puller either. Interesting that it has some bubbling particularly around the decal which is a technique sometimes used to age paint etc.

Not getting a good feeling from this helmet overall but just my opinion so definitely to wait for consensus either way.

Andy
    Yup! They probably kept it in the oven just a wee bit too long.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Now that the authenticity of the decal has been established, what about the liner? It might have already been mentioned so apologies if so. I saw the liner and quickly felt uneasy about it for some strange reason, looks very supple and light. This is really for my own knowledge. Many thanks in advance

Best wishes,
    Harvey

ps I'm a new collector too, and I'm staying away from SS Helmets and actively searching for them forever as far as I am concerned. The only time I'll pick one up is out of a well established and reputable collectors collection if one ever comes up, it's not worth the risk imo. It's a real shame what the fakers have done to the market, but I've only ever been burned on smaller, cheaper items, so I want to avoid any massive upsets.

Hi Harvey,

I had the same concerns as you but as I suspected the helmet was bad didn't bother asking for further images of the liner. I agree that it is light in colour and the more a helmet was used the darker it would become or sometimes darker due to hair product. As this example is supposed to be a battle veteran I would also expect it to be darker than it is - its actually a strange colour.

Andy

Thank you for the response Andy, glad you also felt the same. Soon after it was posted I saw that the decal looked like a round-bottom one so didn't think to mention the liner as by the time I'd seen the thread it's authenticity had been decided upon. Came back to mention the liner to see if anyone thought the same, something extra for me to look out for when buying in the future Duly noted that information mate, thank you.
    Best Wishes
    Harvey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2