Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?

Article about: I have this helmet quite a while in my posession. So I would like to hear your opinion. Liner and leather in bad condition....Thanks in advance ! Erwin

Ok , thanks for the correction.....And for the clear answer...I will post my next helmet without changing the format...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?
    P
    Many

How should a real bullet hole look like ?

i you say not authentic, do you mean fake or is it possible that the shell has been repainted after 1940 and than they put another decall on it, possible not an authentic ET decall ?

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    i you say not authentic, do you mean fake or is it possible that the shell has been repainted after 1940 and than they put another decall on it, possible not an authentic ET decall ?
    Not authentic = fake , yes. If it was a post 1940 repaint.
    1) it would be obvious it was repainted over the factory paint.
    2) in that case the decal would be a Pocher runic decal and not this one.

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    How should a real bullet hole look like ?
    There is no uniform look of a bullet strike , angle and point of impact play their part.
    A hole like on your helmet has been observed many times and the most probable explantion is that the helmet once was on a grave marker.
    On my website is a helmet with a similar hole in the top.
    Reichsarbeitsdienst Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Here is a bullet struck helmet.
    Combat damaged M42 SS helmet

Today I looked again at this helmet and the opinions I received a while ago...and I realised that I never got the reason why the decal was fake because I never sent the right pictures. Now that I am just a little bit wiser and I can make the pictures that should be taken for a good evaluation, I trie to give the reasons why.
    Instead of asking this question again here, I hope you correct me where I am wrong....
    First it looks like an ET decal to me...BUT there is this sawteeth aspect of the runes and this is not how silver pulver should look like at this magnification. And there is something about the patina that I don't like...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?   Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?  

Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?   Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?  

Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?   Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?  

Default To be complete

forgot this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Not bullet proof M35 SS helmet : authentic ?  

and the splitpens are not factory bent...

MAP
    ?

Yes, definite saw tooth printing on this decal. Good eye.

I also am leery of the sharper "break" in the black border on the light side of the decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2