Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Opinions on ET SS helmet

Article about: This is supposed to be an ET40 SS helmet. I guess the runes in the decals looks to be placed right for an ET helmet. The rust holes and scratches in the decal also seem to match pretty good

?

Default Re: Opinions on ET SS helmet

Thanks, I think it's interesting to be part of this forum and get help from other collectors to assess my helmet. Through the years I have spent much money on authentic objects sold by serious collectors who after a while turned out to be fakes and the sellers were not at all serious,,,,

This time I hope and think I found a real object.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on ET SS helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by 1897 View Post
    Thanks, I think it's interesting to be part of this forum and get help from other collectors to assess my helmet. Through the years I have spent much money on authentic objects sold by serious collectors who after a while turned out to be fakes and the sellers were not at all serious,,,,

This time I hope and think I found a real object.
    I hope you have as well. No one likes to find out they have been taken, although most of us have been at one time or another.
    Cheers,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Welcome to the forum!

I like the helmet shown and I think it is good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by 1897 View Post
    Feels good to be reprimanded immediately as a new member of this forum .... Sorry I think it would be nice to get feedback on my new helmet.

Personally, I think the two you mention are fully able to answer themselves or not.
    Hi,

Ralph is a good guy. He means only well. You will know what I mean once u get to know him. =)

IMO the helmet has a good chance.

Reason I asked u where u reside, I thought u might be here in the states close to me. I can come to you and put the helmet under the scope then email the results to Doug. Since your in Sweden you can actually buy one off of ebay for around $75 and do it yourself. Its a pretty kool kit, try it out!

Stick around. Plenty of knowledge & friends to gain! =)

Regards
    Samir

?

Heres an example what ADM can do. This is one of my SS M40's with the "Q" type pattern decal. Only an SS expert or a highly experience collector can spot this decal as an original example of a "Q" pattern decal from the first and second pic. But to some average collectors this one appears to be a "round bottom" reproduction decal.

Opinions on ET SS helmet

Opinions on ET SS helmet

Third pic using the ADM scope we zoom in 20X the magnification.

Opinions on ET SS helmet

Fourth pic zoomed in 200X the mag.

Opinions on ET SS helmet

Please note ADM images require lots of practice to understand what you are looking at and what you are looking for in a good decal and bad such as construction, graphics, age, etc. Only a handful of people are familiar with this. I myself have been using this tool for over a year and still haven't nailed it. Its a long, but fun study! I love it!

Regards
    Samir
    Last edited by SSamir; 12-31-2012 at 02:38 AM.

?

Thanks for the interesting information. The bottom image: Is it the remains of lacquer that is visible in the yellow parties?

The good thing about my helmet, I think, is that it is badly damaged, most fakes I've seen have been in good condition with stickers had rust spots that stuck out the decals. A damaged helmet usually have a lower price so it's less likely that someone put time and effort on trying to fool with a helmet like this.

?

That would be toning, yes, this one was laquered. If u look closely there is acxtually two decals. The lid is a factory refurb.

Last edited by Holger D; 01-18-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Maybe better with a new tread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3