Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions sought

Article about: Picked this m42 for a very reasonable price as I was convinced the decals were fake . They’re not quite cantered under the vents and are a fraction out of horizontal. However a friend and

Default Opinions sought

Picked this m42 for a very reasonable price as I was convinced the decals were fake . They’re not quite cantered under the vents and are a fraction out of horizontal. However a friend and fellow collector believes they maybe right . I know they were both factory applied and field applied , sometimes against regulations but I’m still very doubtful .

There appears to be 2 different camo schemes , one partly overpainted over the first . Can’t find the maker but it’s neck guard stamped hkp66 and 4919 batch number . Strangely , the size is not a 66 it’s smaller .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions sought   Opinions sought  

Opinions sought   Opinions sought  

Last edited by Barkman; 01-08-2023 at 05:00 PM. Reason: New photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions sought
    P
    Many

you need to put up more photos with close-ups.
    HKP never produced helmets for the SS so that only leaves the door open for SS pocher decals that were applied after the helmet left the factory...

I put up 4 photos but only one made it . I’ll try again now

MAP
    ?

A Double decal M42 HKP is a no go.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nothing to cry about though and as I suspected . Still happy to have snaffled an original helmet despite its condition for less than £200 when liner less shrapnel blasted rusty shells are going for well over that price aroun-d here