Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.

Article about: Hello All,I may have an opportunity to obtain this helmet but must make offer quickly! I am not very up on decals of the SS and was hoping the "Dark Side" could provide some help!!

Default Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.

Hello All,I may have an opportunity to obtain this helmet but must make offer quickly! I am not very up on decals of the SS and was hoping the "Dark Side" could provide some help!! The helmet looks to have been rubbed with something akin to a "Scotch Brite" pad or something similar?? Just not my area of expertise!
    any thoughts or help would be appreciated!! sorry for the rough pics.

Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.   Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.  

Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.   Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.  

Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.   Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

It's got a chance to be a real SS with ET decal. But with the damage - all those scratches especially, more so than the wear and damage to the decal - it makes the helmet almost uncollectable. Most collectors will not want this and if you get it, you will have trouble moving it down the road, in my opinion. I'd pass.

Cheers,
    Terry

I would agree. It's odd the micro scratching on the surface, it s consistent so I don't think it was done to decieve; just a really bad choice to try and clean it with a harsh method. Here's a comparison to the ET decal from the reference section. Best regards.

Brian

Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.Quick thoughts and advice on possible purchase.

It does not pass my one second test. But like Terry says it could be good as it shows the right measurements but is worn in critical areas.
    Personally I dislike the wash or toning.

The scratches would bother me, I see they are on the other side of the helmet too. Even if this is reflected in the price I personally would wait for something nicer.
    Nick

Could very well be a good ET. But as stated...I would let it go.
    D.

Just another "pass on it" to the list, i think it is a good ET decal but the whole surface has been to badly treated (decal and paint)to be one i would want on my shelf . Leon.

Thank you all for the honest feedback! I will pass on this one.

Regards,Geoff