Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??

Article about: I have just obtained a couple of German helmets. Are they genuine? I think that one is a Quist SS and the other a WW1 Camouflage Helmet Both came from the same source in the UK will be for s

Default Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??

I have just obtained a couple of German helmets.

Are they genuine?

I think that one is a Quist SS and the other a WW1 Camouflage Helmet

Both came from the same source in the UK will be for sale.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Greg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??   Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??  

Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??   Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??  

Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??   Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist SS Helmet + WW1 Camouflage Helmet ??
    P
    Many

Hi, given that the "SS" helmet is an NS made example, that rules out both the Quist SS decal and the ET SS decal which are of this "type/style. On that basis, even from these blurry images I would have to say that it is a fake decal that has been scrubbed back to age it. As for the WW1 helmet, that needs to be in the WW1 Imperial German helmets section for the experts to see it. Leon.

MAP
    ?

SS bad for sure for all the reasons Leon noted. Plus the heavy scrubbing of the decal is meant to deceive.

The M16 should be posted separately in correct forum but the liner looks like a repro IMHO. Not sure about the liner band but given that the liner pins appear to be messed with I would not doubt it could be a fake also. Will leave observations on the camo scheme to others.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)