Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic helmet - the real deal?

Article about: Recently clocked this on a site for sale, chinstrap obviously added and the liner maybe pinched from another lid, but is the decal also 'added on' I wonder? Any comments would be welcome....

Default Relic helmet - the real deal?

Recently clocked this on a site for sale, chinstrap obviously added and the liner maybe pinched from another lid, but is the decal also 'added on' I wonder? Any comments would be welcome....

Relic helmet - the real deal?Relic helmet - the real deal?Relic helmet - the real deal?Relic helmet - the real deal?Relic helmet - the real deal?Relic helmet - the real deal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic helmet - the real deal?
    P
    Many

I have one similar ( an M42 though ) and it is genuine.
    Relic helmet - the real deal?

Hard to imagine that yours could be faked under those rust bubbles - but a word of warning, NO MATTER what you do to try and mitigate it, those bubbles will eventually pop and much of what you see will 'shale' off ( ask me how I know )

For that reason (and even though its an SS ) don't pay too much for it ....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Danmark and thanks for that, compared to many relic SS helmets I've seen the price I don't think is bad, but still a lot of money for something I wanted to clean and preserve. But there again I can't afford really a decent non relic SS unless one was very lucky. So I dunno but I thought the decal was the real mccoy, but again there's clever folks out there that can paint on pretty authentic looking decals onto relics. Be interested in any other comments on here.