Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

relic M40 SD SS helmet

Article about: bought this one from 'stalingrad front' in Russia (of course before the war). Found near city Rzhev (Panzer Division Das Reich "Der Führer"). At least that's the information I got

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Concerning relic helmets, I think that's just a different point of view. This certificate (40x60cm) of my grandfather who served in the Belgian army in 1924 is worth a lot more for me than it is for you (I am 60 years old). In the same way some people want to spend more money if they are sure that a relic helmet is found at a special battleground. Never 100% sure but I think most helmets sold by Stalingrad Front are found on the battlefields of WW2 in Russia (at least that sounds logic to me). But some German helmets with decalls may be messed up...
    Those are the things that started our collecting interests , I guess for most :-)

What war relics are concerned there is a huge market out there , many that don't know or care what they sell and just say any old helmet is rare and from there and there. Stories are just stories until there is actual proof.
    There are also many fiddled with original pieces out there , liners refitted , post war paint taken off , decals revealed and so on.
    And everyone needs to collect in their own interests but make sure to avoid all of the above as often it is overpriced fiddled with stuff that will not give you the same satisfaction as an untouched war helmet. Trust me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement relic M40 SD SS helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Now I hope one thing : that someone says that this certificate has a 'red flag'
    Wonderful piece of your family history and of course value is beyond discussion as you have the emotional link to it.

It's only a few months ago that I became a member of this forum and our discussions convinced me more than ever to watch out....I already look at offers on the internet with a total different mindset. And yes...I heard stories about helmets sold by Stalingrad Front which consisted of liners, leather and shell of different helmets so once again I have to confirm your statement. So that's why I only bought 4 relic shells : 2 russian SSH39, 1 Russian SSH36 and the German SS helmet shell I already posted. Are they found at these specific places ? Of course I can not be sure, but in the light of the enormous amount of Russian casualties fallen there in ww2, I thought to myself : why would they lie about the places where they are found ?

Colours well preserved because it was always hidden from the light untill my mother (85 years old) found it in a closet. Now put in a frame, afraid that colours will fade away in time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3