Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS DD M42 Might Buy

Article about: Hi everyone, might buy this m42 DD SS helmet and wanted some thoughts on it first. Thanks

MAP
    ?

Brad,

Despite repeated requests from the Moderating Staff to answer questions regarding knowingly selling fake items on eBay, you have left us no choice but to revoke your membership and ban your participation on the forum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD M42 Might Buy
    P
    Many

Ouch.

MAP
    ?

I've left the thread open for comments on the helmet itself, given that it is probably a rare Foreign Volunteer example.

Lets keep comments to the helmet. Otherwise we will close the thread.

Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I guess the big question with the Pocher runes is when were they applied?
    Given the fact that it appears to be two decals over the top of each other and the sloppy application (not straight) and also that it looks like a good Pocher - do we think this is a genuine period SS foreign volunteer helmet?

Personally i am not sure - it would require close examination with a loupe or USB microscope. And even then with another Pocher decal to compare to.

nick

I definitely need to learn more about the SS Decals, but is it possible one or both decals where field applied and that’s why they are unaligned and crooked?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Brad,

Despite repeated requests from the Moderating Staff to answer questions regarding knowingly selling fake items on eBay, you have left us no choice but to revoke your membership and ban your participation on the forum.
    Well done , there is no place in a collector community for dishonesty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3