Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

SS DD Thoughts?

Article about: Just picked this up with a pile of other stuff. All the stuff looks good to me but I have never had one of these before so fake is my natural default position. Thanks, Doug

Default more pics

here you go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS DD Thoughts?   SS DD Thoughts?  

SS DD Thoughts?   SS DD Thoughts?  

SS DD Thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD Thoughts?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the additional pics. Can't quite make out of the first couple of pics due to the flash and angle shot, but the last pic does show what appears to be a double-fold. Very similar to my ex-Q64 SS. I salvaged a complete liner system from a Luftwaffe, and two pins did show a double-fold. What year is the liner band dated?

I have to agree, the liner does appear to be a re-fit but at the end of the day as long as the price reflects this fact then I don't have a problem with it. Sure, a nice un-messed with lid is preferable but they aren't making these things anymore so sometimes it is neccessary to 'take what you can get' (and afford).

Thanks Doug for these images , the liner is definatly a re-placement as you can see the "double fold on at least one pin , also you can see that the liner band sits that fraction to far away from the steel all the way around for it to be the correct size for the helmet. All that said , you still have a very nice double decal helmet. Well done. Leon.

Love it What a Great Lid!

?

And the liner date is??

2-44 Thanks, Doug
    Quote by DougB View Post
    And the liner date is??

?

Thank you.

And there you have it, confirmation beyond any doubt this liner is not from this helmet, probably swapped postwar at some time by someone who did not know any better, or wishful leap of faith thinking done wartime at a depot. Who knows but it cuts the value in half I am afraid, like a crinkle on a rare concert poster (my old collecting hobby) or a small fold in a mint hockey card.

So a SD Q M40 reissued with a Pocher runic and field applied Pocher party decal, with a swapped liner.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7