Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Helmet

Article about: Hi All! Looking for k

Default SS Helmet

Hi All! Looking for help with authenticating a helmet that's on offer. Research would suggest it's a second pattern Pocher and possibly authentic but know the experts on here will no for sure. Any opinions welcome, thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Helmet   SS Helmet  

SS Helmet   SS Helmet  

SS Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I'm on my cell phone so can't see the decals enough until I get on my PC.

That said, the camo paint gives me concerns. Lots of repetitive linear scratching. Also it looks like it has a steel liner band.

A legit M35 DD camo SS in a large size like that would go for $15k+
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Hopefully batch number with liner shown closer up will help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Helmet  

MAP
    ?

Yes. Looks like a steel liner band which you would not expect to see in a DD M35.

Still don't like the camo.

Also now that I'm on my PC, I don't like the SS decal. Photo is not clear but I bet if we had a good hi resolution photo we would see saw tooth edges. Other graphics don't appear to line up as well.

Compare to others in the decal reference gallery in the link below

Ss - et

Note: This is an ET style decal. Not a Pocher.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Again, thank you for amazing input and examples. I will ask for close ups and any history known on the helmet and post them when I have them...spent the last few hours comparing and due to the picture quality maybe, I thought it was good.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Combatzone View Post
    Again, thank you for amazing input and examples. I will ask for close ups and any history known on the helmet and post them when I have them...spent the last few hours comparing and due to the picture quality maybe, I thought it was good.
    I am just one voice. So you are always welcome to wait for other members if you disagree .

Back to the camo paint. Besides the repetitive and linear scratches, note how smooth the shell it. This shell has been painted and then scratched and then scrubbed down to give it an aged appearance.
    Last edited by MAP; 04-13-2023 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo

MAP
    ?

Moved tread to the correct forum

Was in the SS Uniform section

Fake ET pattern runes , Liner , camo , chinstrap all bad. The whole shebang.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Fake ET pattern runes , Liner , camo , chinstrap all bad. The whole shebang.
    Yes. The liner as well. Forgot to add that last night.