Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ss helmet from the battle of Pskov need help fake decal or real

Article about: . Hi need help determining this ss helmet. Is it real? I am new so please tell me of the photos work thanks but this is urgent there asking a lot of money for this helmet

Quote by Will95 View Post
    Anderson you said paint? Can some e please tell me if this is a fake or real?

- - ------- - -

Hahah yeah COVID lockdown for another 3 weeks
    Leave it - the shell has a hole in it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet from the battle of Pskov need help fake decal or real
    P
    Many

?

I. Fine with that if that’s the only issue I reserved it for a battle damaged because I’m on limited money

Always buy a helmet with a decal that can be authenticated , for SS ground finds it is often impossible especially from photos.

Quote by Will95 View Post
    I. Fine with that if that’s the only issue I reserved it for a battle damaged because I’m on limited money
    The decal, whether painted (as suggested by Anderson and I tend to agree) or a decal of some sort, it looks t have been placed over the pitting on the shell. This is not a good sign as logic would suggest that when underlying steel comes away as it has here, whatever is sitting on top would come with it.

I understand you are on a limited budget, and this can be a very expensive hobby indeed, but personally Iwould rather a non- decaled relic shell in untouched condition. There are plenty of helmets out there if you are patient.

Andy

?

Hi German helmet vault I didn’t expect to speak to you guys! Yes I’m low on money to buy ss helmets this was found during excavations at Pskov by an organisation. I will buy this one and give close ups on the deca when I get it
    Yeah

?

Ok I do understand Andy I will wait until there’s a better one and yes the pitting does come up with it a bit. I’m really annoying it turned out to be a fake. It’s just not been a clear fake could it have a big chance to be real? I really wanted it as they sold my other ss helmet. It’s been a wild adventure today now for 1000 dollars and a few return should I try it at least and send more images? What do you think

Its a fact that there were SS units around Pskov, its also a documented that the germans left 827 dead and wounded behind when retreating. So its not out of the question that it could be real. Is it plausible, I doubt it at the moment. If you can get more information about the helmet, pics of when it was found e.t.c maybe its worth it. I rather have a battle worn helmet with a hole in it than a pristine dress helmet never worn in combat. Its the history of the helmet that intrigues me.

?

Hi there was no pictures of when this was found he said unexpected day it was documented somewhere though I don’t know what information to get out of them it was found during the spring in 2021 and it has a shrapnel hit now I’ve got hope that this helmet is real i just don’t know any special collectors in australia that know fully about this

- - ------- - -

Waffen SS helmet M40 with a big hole from the battle hit from Pskov region. Helmet was found in spring 2021. Size - 64 That the information that I got

Can you get info on what person in their collective community who found it, or if they bought it from someone, that info would not be impossible for them to get hold of. If they are restrictive on the info I would be careful, only cause they would be restrictive is if it is a illegal find from a battle graveyard or if they tampered with the helmet.

?

Hi yes I will ask them at the moment there on a dig.Yes they told me it’s from excavations. So I would not think it’s illegal
    Last edited by Will95; 08-05-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast