MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Ss helmet from the battle of Pskov need help fake decal or real

Article about: . Hi need help determining this ss helmet. Is it real? I am new so please tell me of the photos work thanks but this is urgent there asking a lot of money for this helmet

Plenty of good relics around if that’s what you want, but first you need to know what to look for. I think you really need to take a step back, and do some study on what originals look like. This site is an excellent resource for studying real and fake helmets. Use the search box on the top right hand side of this page, and type in something like “relic heer helmet” etc. Study the posts and soon you will start to notice some things to look out for.

I’ve just done a quick search and came up with the following.
    Possible SS M42 Helmet

I understand how exciting it can be getting into a new hobby but you really should slow down and enjoy the ride. Learning about these items is very rewarding if you take the time.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet from the battle of Pskov need help fake decal or real
    P
    Many

?

All I did was look at one pitted ss helmet they did look similar but I am new and don’t know much
    Last edited by Will95; 08-04-2021 at 10:39 PM.

?

I did forget to include one more photo of the helmet

?

Hi. If anyone still sees this forum I got a photo of the helmet and decal before it was cleaning in oxalis acid please look at it. It doesn’t look fake anymore nor that I though it was please have a look at it

I would take Andys advice and research as much as possible about german helmets/decals. I dont like the look of this relic helmet, IMO it looks like the decal was applied postwar, since most of the metal is gone and there is only rust on the surface of this helmet I would expect that the decal would have been pitted away at this point.If this was a genuine SD helmet And the SD was visible I would expect to see more underlaying metal together with paint. I do apologize if my English is not 100% correct since its not my native language.

- Kai

When I first started collecting I bought many relic helmets. As time went by my taste changed quite a bit and I sold off all of my relic lids. The longer you collect the more your taste/preferences will change. I now only buy relics if the price is just too good not to buy it.

I personally have nothing against relics. The fact that they were recovered from the battlefields themselves really gives them an interesting history. As for this particular example though.. I would pass. The risk is too great, and you can find MANY more relics in better condition by doing a simple eBay search. If I were you I would instead buy a better condition relic for a fraction of the price, and avoid taking the gamble on a questionable SS decal.

?

Hi Luftwaffe there’s another thread I made of the same helmet as son as it was dug up please check that out. It’s a really important photo

?

The name of the thread is dug up ss helmet in Pskov region

Stay away... way too risky, as others have stated. $1,000 is a ton of money to be playing around with anyway on a site that has been known to sell fakes routinely. The helmet certainly looks cool, but I wouldn't trust it as being genuine and because of that, I wouldn't touch it.

?

Hi sweesz I do remember you from the thread of nach Stalingrad if I’m correct and that turned out to be a fake they said if it’s a fake it will be returned please have a look of it before it was cleaned in acid please search up dug up ss helmet from Pskov region it looks extremely real please check that out then tell me what you think

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast