Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss helmet up for review authentication

Article about: Guys I am posting this one for a buddy of mine I would be surprised if it is original the paint seems off, and the decal looks a bit tacky. Gold in color and very shiny. The decal on the oth

Default Ss helmet up for review authentication

Guys I am posting this one for a buddy of mine I would be surprised if it is original the paint seems off, and the decal looks a bit tacky. Gold in color and very shiny. The decal on the other side of the helmet seems to have been scratched off or painted over. The liner and shell , chinstrap seem correct. but I am unsure of the decal. I am always interested in hearing other collectors opinions as this is a field that I am not familiar in and do not frequent. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss helmet up for review authentication   Ss helmet up for review authentication  

Ss helmet up for review authentication   Ss helmet up for review authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet up for review authentication
    P
    Many

More pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss helmet up for review authentication   Ss helmet up for review authentication  

Ss helmet up for review authentication  

If anyone need pictures of any particular area please let me know

Not a fan of the paint on this one which lacks age and has some odd wear to it. The liner by comparison looks much more used than the paint. The blue that can be seen where the decal has been removed looks like a Luftwaffe blue at least on my device. I’ll defer to the decal experts in regards to the remaining decal.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Not a fan of the paint on this one which lacks age and has some odd wear to it. The liner by comparison looks much more used than the paint. The blue that can be seen where the decal has been removed looks like a Luftwaffe blue at least on my device. I’ll defer to the decal experts in regards to the remaining decal.

Andy
    Agree on all points. If you look at the first photo of the exterior pins, you can also see excess paint both under the pin and also on top of a chipped pin. Paint is very fresh. To add, it has a steel liner. Looks totally put together.

Removed decal appears to have been SS as well. Not a good sign if so.

Don't have my "decal" reference material (yeah...I need them) so will defer, but given the rest of the issues.......one to walk away from.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The decal on the left side looks like a party emblem like the ones on police helmets to me. But the paint is abit odd. One painted split rivet and one bare smooth metal. The decal does look like a C.A Pocher to me but i am sure there are many copys of those

"There's a hair in there" sung to the tune of "Playschool"

Lmao i did not see that. Now that i look at the photographs i see it lol. Thanks for the look guys. I hope my buddy didn't pay much lol