Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ss helmet what do you think???

Article about: i have been looking at this old ss helmet it is FOUNDED IN COURLAND POCKET.Digged some time ago.do you think it is a good one as i am thinking of buying it.i like the has been there in the w

Default ss helmet what do you think???

i have been looking at this old ss helmet it is FOUNDED IN COURLAND POCKET.Digged some time ago.do you think it is a good one as i am thinking of buying it.i like the has been there in the war look..thank you..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss helmet what do you think???   ss helmet what do you think???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss helmet what do you think???
    P
    Many

I've read elsewhere that authentic decals hold up to quite a lot of abuse - even if buried underground. Which would explain why the decal is still visible even through some heavy rust. If faked it is pretty good, but other more experienced folk would be able to comment more.
    And SS troops were used in Courland.

Ground finds are always hard to validate as you often do not see enough of the decal to authenticate it , also the maker stamp is often unreadable so you also cannot match the decal to a maker.

i think it is a good one but not 100% on it.i can get it for $300

one more photo..of the ss decal..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss helmet what do you think???  

?

My main concern is the same as Chewione's. Generally you will see the rust is much lighter in the decal which gives me red flags about the authenticity of the decal.

Regards,
    Bas

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    My main concern is the same as Chewione's. Generally you will see the rust is much lighter in the decal which gives me red flags about the authenticity of the decal.

Regards,
    Bas
    some more photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss helmet what do you think???   ss helmet what do you think???  

ss helmet what do you think???   ss helmet what do you think???  

ss helmet what do you think???  

so do i buy or not???

From what I can see....the bottom half of decal does not look like any known acceptable type. (Third pic) too sharp of a break below the runes. The angle is too sharp.