Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

Article about: the stamp is faint cant make out the size Q6? and it has had second decal ,what do you think guys thanks

yes the whole helmet looks like something that doesn't add up Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    The edges of the Runes or the border. I've looked at this one over and over and haven't seen any real red flags, but certainly you are extremely more well versed than I so I will defer to your expertise.

My concerns are more with the overall helmet. One that I really can't make up my mind on. The green paint on the liner band is also a concern. Not sure why it is there and no where else. Unless of course it is just heavy patina and not paint.
    Theres alot of pictures of reissued helmet that have paint on the liner band depends is the liner removed before painting ,i checked the paint with magnifying glass and there seems to be traces of white paint specks so there might have been winter camo on it sometime also

MAP
    ?

Quote by sachstorpedo View Post
    Theres alot of pictures of reissued helmet that have paint on the liner band depends is the liner removed before painting ,i checked the paint with magnifying glass and there seems to be traces of white paint specks so there might have been winter camo on it sometime also
    Yes, but the paint on the liner band does not match the other paint on the helmet, and why would there be paint on the liner band but not corresponding similar paint on the inside of the skirt.

You have received opinions from three other very accomplished helmet collectors who are all saying that something does not add up. There are too many questions IMHO to get comfortable based on the photos provided. But you have the helmet in hand and can be the judge.

We're don't say things like this lightly or happily. But we always want to give our honest opinions.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Pocher is the most faked and dangerous decal design to own on a helmet so one should approach such a helmet with due diligence.
    From what is presented so far I am on the fence. In hand with a USB micrscope more certainty can be had but from the photos presented I would have passed on purchasing thise helmet if offered to me.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes, but the paint on the liner band does not match the other paint on the helmet, and why would there be paint on the liner band but not corresponding similar paint on the inside of the skirt.

You have received opinions from three other very accomplished helmet collectors who are all saying that something does not add up. There are too many questions IMHO to get comfortable based on the photos provided. But you have the helmet in hand and can be the judge.

We're don't say things like this lightly or happily. But we always want to give our honest opinions.
    the same paint is there inside and outside the helmet but very worn down hard to see from the pictures

heres a nice exsample of how decal worns down (ok attached to different material ) the black is first to go theres alot of similarites to my decal lines not sharp they are soft in my helmet theres white decal color pushing through the black and green paint when it wears more,second picture is unused decal that is not as sharp so did quality drop on these like on other products also?

lastly a nice picture of Finnish and SS-Kampfgruppe Nord troops

both decal were bought by finnish ss men from germany 1941-43 timeline and bought from the veterans directly!

thaks to everybody for the comments i will continue research on the helmet helmet has been verified as genuine and i have tracked down 3 finnish collectors who had this helmet before me so lets see how far i get

SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmetSS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

It is very hard tell if the decal is original or not, based on the pictures and just seeing it on a screen so I can’t give a definite opinion on it. I took a screenshot here and circled a suspicious spot on the decal border where the paint has chipped away, looks like there’s part of the metallic decal in the spot where the paint chipped away which throws me off, I would of thought the decal in that location would have chipped away aswell? SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

Any photos of the rivets between the shell and band?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    It is very hard tell if the decal is original or not, based on the pictures and just seeing it on a screen so I can’t give a definite opinion on it. I took a screenshot here and circled a suspicious spot on the decal border where the paint has chipped away, looks like there’s part of the metallic decal in the spot where the paint chipped away which throws me off, I would of thought the decal in that location would have chipped away aswell? SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet
    Al those chips are same there is helmet steel rust and dirt in them and
    Some have traces of white paint like i told earlyer and that hole isnt any different …well that sounded pervy

I can see you don’t mind bending the liner and band, so how about a quick photo of the liner pins

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4