Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS runes on left side of helmet

Article about: Was watching YouTube videos today and saw this helmet. I’m not a helmet guy, yet.. I do watch lots of Ww2 documentaries. Never noticed the left side runes before. Is this common? Thanks. M

Default SS runes on left side of helmet

Was watching YouTube videos today and saw this helmet. I’m not a helmet guy, yet.. I do watch lots of Ww2 documentaries. Never noticed the left side runes before. Is this common? ThanksSS runes on left side of helmet. Maybe the film was in incorrectly. While projecting?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS runes on left side of helmet
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

There are SS runes on the left side of some helmets. Foreign volunteer is the thought on those. But these runes are backwards so I think the film was reversed.

Cheers,
    Terry

Agree with terry on the reversed film, I believe some mirrored decals were given to ss police units aswell.

?

Hello,
    I'd also say that this film is mirrored.
    Here is a photo of a similar looking mortar. The aiming device and the knob like peices all seem to match when the photo originally posted is reversed.
    Mirrored photo:

Regards,
    Daniel

Daniel, it is the SAME picture!

?

Hello,
    Yes it is the same photo as in post #1, I just saved it and reversed it to try to show how the original film may have been. When I said similar I was referring to the bottom photo of the mortar, meaning that it is a similar type of mortar as in the photo.

Regards,
    Daniel

?

Awesome mortar!

Hummel