Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?

Article about: I’m only 21, so a good condition SS helmet is a no-go, but I’m thinking of purchasing this relic because of the black paint and good decal. What are your thoughts on it? Is it all origin

?

Default Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?

I’m only 21, so a good condition SS helmet is a no-go, but I’m thinking of purchasing this relic because of the black paint and good decal. What are your thoughts on it? Is it all original etc?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?   Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?  

Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?
    P
    Many

The shape of the shield is really odd, not original IMO.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Apparently it is 3 layers of decal hence the shape. Does that change anything or still fake?

With relic shells good rune decal close ups are even more important and collecting relic SS helmets is tougher because they are easier to fake and often the maker is obscured so it becomes harder to verify if the decal design is correct for the shell.
    So better decal close ups , paint close ups and interior photos needed. Black SS helmets were overpainted green ones so you should see this.

?

Default More Photos here.

Your thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?   Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?  

Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?   Thoughts on this SS relic helmet?  

It has some correct features for a black one. I see a decal under the SS decal , decal design wise looks like a Pocher and there's green paint that shows the black is over the green.
    Is the Pocher decal ok , I can't say for sure. Good chance.
    For a helmet like this you need to make sure it comes from a good source with return warranty and have someone inspect in hand.
    Just my opinion.

?

I’ve decided not to buy. Too many questionable things about it. Such as conveniently damaged decal, no maker stamp, and black paint on a combat helmet.
    It’s so easy for young collectors such as myself to fall for these people trying to sell fakes. Finding genuine stuff is so difficult, maybe one day I’ll find a good one. I hope this thread will help people be careful with these things, even relics.
    Thank you for your help everyone