Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Helmet Cover

Article about: Gentlemen, Wishing everyone the best. Haven't posted in quite a while. Doesn't mean I haven't been collecting. Shifted over to TR firearms for a change up. Picked up a nice doubel-stamped Ma

Default Waffen SS Helmet Cover

Gentlemen,
    Wishing everyone the best. Haven't posted in quite a while. Doesn't mean I haven't been collecting. Shifted over to TR firearms for a change up. Picked up a nice doubel-stamped Mauser HSc and a beautiful '44 Dusek DUO. Beautiful pieces - original grips, matching #'s.

SS helmet covers are interesting, more interesting are the previous threads produced and commented on. Wishing for comment on this cover. I don't wish to stir-up any bad vibes about any other collectors and their treasures. Simply looking for a professional opinion. Hopefully I will learn from comments and opinions provided.

Your time and efforts are always appreciated.

Best to all,
    Von Ritt
    (I know these pics are rotated, made efforts to correct, got frustrated because some were corrected and others were not. Elected to make them all the same.)

Waffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet Cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Helmet Cover
    P
    Many

I don't think this one is genuine as the camo pattern to me looks incorrect, as always I stand to be corrected.

I don't collect SS cammo but have this small cutoff that I use for pattern comparison.

Waffen SS Helmet Cover Waffen SS Helmet Cover

compare the patterns - I believe this is what Rene was referring you to.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I can see the differences. Your samples are a huge help.

There are as you'd most likely know, many ss patterns but this isn't to my memory (too lazy to grab my books for now) a match.
    This stuff doesn't exist on any pattern- going by memory (whats left of it).

two patterns here for a rubbish comparison. Left collar is an "B" type oak leaf rest is "A" type. and a shot of the green side (Zelt) to show a "A" type spread.

I agree. Issues with fabric pattern and construction. Compare with this authentic cover;

Waffen SS Helmet CoverWaffen SS Helmet Cover

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    There are as you'd most likely know, many ss patterns but this isn't to my memory (too lazy to grab my books for now) a match.
    This stuff doesn't exist on any pattern- going by memory (whats left of it).
    ... its like a cross between Oak and the Russian Amoeba pattern!!!

Waffen SS Helmet Cover
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "