Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What did I just buy M42

Article about: Bought this thinking they were a reliable dealer but I should of came here and asked the experts first… Hoping this is legit. If it’s not please explain what is wrong with it? If it’s

Default What did I just buy M42

Bought this thinking they were a reliable dealer but I should of came here and asked the experts first… Hoping this is legit. If it’s not please explain what is wrong with it? If it’s authentic throw down an emoji!!!What did I just buy M42What did I just buy M42What did I just buy M42What did I just buy M42What did I just buy M42What did I just buy M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What did I just buy M42
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Can you please provide the maker and lot number and interior photo as per forum rules. An expandable close up photo of the decal is appreciated as well. And while we are always willing to help out, we like when members try and give their own views, regardless of whether is it right or wrong. It's the best was to learn.

I will say that I do not like the decal from what I can see from the photo supplied. There are basically 3 types of these Runes (excluding ET), they are Pocher, Q and EF. The placement of the bottom of the runes in relation to the break line of the black border does not match any of these (And Q42's are uber rare and all no decal helmets to begin with). Quite the coincidence that the breakline on the left is scratched, often a trick used by fakers.

This decal probably most closely resembles an EF to my eyes with the right Rune sitting far below the break line. That said, the EF decals have a very rounded break on the black border. This one quite sharp.

Happy to hear and be corrected by others.

You can compare original Pocher, Q and EF decals in Franks Decal database linked below. Would love to hear your thoughts after you review.

SS Decals – German Helmet Vault
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi. Was this bough of jb millitary antiques?

From the poor close up the decal looks incorrect for an EF shell. , ship it back.

I looked over the link.
    I think I’d need a micrometer to be sure. I’ll sit down again today and really scrutinize it. At first glance I definitely had some concerns 😞 Also incredibly convenient on the scratch location… alarming.

Milestone Auctions

Do not spend time on it , it is bad.

The two liner pins look brand new.

Quote by AlphaWolfe View Post
    Milestone Auctions
    A lot of new members have been posting stuff from this auction , all post war messed with junk.
    I see you paid only 1600 usd ... good helmets never sell at that price. Times 3 easily.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    A lot of new members have been posting stuff from this auction , all post war messed with junk.
    I see you paid only 1600 usd ... good helmets never sell at that price. Times 3 easily.
    Thats the first red flag for sure.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast