Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case

Article about: Hi, Hopefully i'm posting this in the correct section and when the reference books I've ordered finally arrive I'll be able to do better research on these medals. I am hoping someone could g

Default 1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case

Hi,

Hopefully i'm posting this in the correct section and when the reference books I've ordered finally arrive I'll be able to do better research on these medals.

I am hoping someone could give me thoughts on this EKI that is described as coming with original outer carton and S&Ls PKZ number 4 stamp, though since starting this collecting a few days ago it seems anything can be faked.

Possibly the core paint looks very new compared to the rest of the medal and don't reckon the toothpick is period correct!

As usual really appreciate any feedback as the EKI images I've seen posted on the forum seem to match this so hoping its ok as nearly £700.

Cheers, Dave.

1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eiserne Kreuz 1. Klasse with Steinhauer und Lück mm4 case
    P
    Many

?

I see nothing that would make me question authenticity. It's a good set.

Thanks Adrian. Do you reckon that is a fair price for what it is?

I've been having a good look at other examples that are sold so cant see the price but they did seem to have padding in the top of the case as they had an indent of the medal in it.

Cheers, dave

Kindly ignore this message as just bought it and probably better I don't get told paid too much!

tough to find with the original card board issue box. When you purchase these items your paying top dollar, scarcity and condition are in play. You'll have to hold it for some time unless someone steps up and says "I have to have it". Being a S&L, I think you did good!

?

The outer cartons are rare. Obviously not many survived the war as they were discarded upon opening.
    You're paying for that scarcity and the whole ensemble.
    There is a price attached to everything, if that's what you're willing to pay and are happy to then no one else can judge you. You're just a custodian of history so enjoy it!

Thanks for replies.

Fortunately when I decided to go down the collection path it was not for making a profit.

I will be handling whatever I collect over to my son for him to hopefully continue to look after them or sell if he decides that. Hopefully not.

Only reason I wondered if fair price was because it’s a bit more than I recently paid for a screw back option which had read are more rare.

Now that you have explained it’s the package, case and medal together that adds a bit of rarity I now understand and am happy with my purchase.

Can’t wait until both medals arrive.

Thanks for your assistance with this.

Cheers, Dave.

?

Quite the collection you're starting to pull together Dave! I've seen a few of your posts lately and this is definitely another nice piece! I'll be looking to pick up an EK1 of my own in the near future, so it's nice to see great combinations like these are still coming up for sale every so often.

Looking forward to seeing your new pieces 'in hand' soon!

- Gumrum

Yes Gumrum can’t wait until they arrive and have a good look at them.

Always a bit of a worry buying online as bad parts can be easily hidden. Received my first purchase today a Tropical Sleeve Eagle and it looks brilliant.

Bought from dealers held in high regard on this great forum so that’s good enough for me.

Cheers, Dave.

That's a top set, especially with the cardboard outer which I've not seen often for S&L.

Congrats.

Jamie

Cheers Jamie, will make a pleasant change from all the fake crap I bought before joining this forum! Arriving tomorrow, can’t wait.

Thanks for all your assistance & replies as usual.

Dave.