Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case

Article about: Good day Gentlemen, I would like please to hear your opinions about it. Is the box real or fake? Best regards.

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case

Good day Gentlemen,
    I would like please to hear your opinions about it. Is the box real or fake?
    Best regards.1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case
    P
    Many

I don't know about this one. As for the inlay there are three tastes: spray felt, velvet or silk. This is neither one, more like a meshed fabric?
    Can you (carefully) lift the inlay, or is it stuck? If so, are there any numbers or characters?
    Can you test if the push-button and hinge react to a magnet?
    Do you have a UV light at hand? If original, the yellow highlighted strip between inlay and box should not glow. Nothing in the case should glow, just the bone-based glue lights up a little purple. All the reproductions I encountered went wrong on that small cardboard strip. Sometimes the inserts did not react, but that piece of paper always did the talking.

I have two cases in this style, with the fat, wide arm cross on the lid, but both are different...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case  

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case   1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse case  

Hi Martin3.
    By touching I think the inlay is velvet.
    I can't lift the inlay, it's attached to the case. Also I don't have a UV lamp.
    I can say you the case is smaller than the standard: it's 61 x 61 mm (usually it's 68 x 68 mm)

TWS
    ?

Quote by atarassico View Post
    Hi Martin3.
    By touching I think the inlay is velvet.
    I can't lift the inlay, it's attached to the case. Also I don't have a UV lamp.
    I can say you the case is smaller than the standard: it's 61 x 61 mm (usually it's 68 x 68 mm)
    I share Martin's skepticism. I take it you are measuring the exterior? The interior dimensions should be 61 x 61 mm measuring from one side to the other of the cardboard strip that Martin highlighted. Have you placed an EK1 in the case to see if it even fits comfortably?

?

Little UV light is so cheap and worth their weight in gold, mine has paid for itself many times over.. everyone should own one.

Thanks to TWS and ColinD.
    Yes, I have misured the exterior.
    I bought an UV light, tomorrow I'll verify if it gloss or not.

Ok I used my new UV light and nothing glows.
    So could I say it's original?

?

I would give a little tip to place the item being tested side by side with a business card or new piece of cloth to see the result of the item being tested next to something that glows bright. There should be a noticeable difference between the 2 items.

TWS
    ?

Quote by atarassico View Post
    Ok I used my new UV light and nothing glows.
    So could I say it's original?
    Unfortunately no. Absence of glowing is a good sign but does not mean an item is original. It could be or it could be a copy made from non-synthetic materials or dyes. @ColinD has a piece of good advice too.

I wish I could advise you further, but am no expert on cases. Best I could do is perhaps show some of mine/direct you to look at my threads where I have posted cases.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."