Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse

Article about: I've been looking at this one for a few days and even though I have Dietrich Maerz & Mario Alt's book on the EK2 I seem to be drawing a blank. I just can't nail this one down. To my eyes

?

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse

I've been looking at this one for a few days and even though I have Dietrich Maerz & Mario Alt's book on the EK2 I seem to be drawing a blank.
    I just can't nail this one down.

To my eyes I'm thinking this could be a Frank & Reif übergroße but I could very well be totally wrong. I think the ring mark is very hard to read and of no help.

Any help really would be gratefully received as I am thinking of getting this one from a friend.

If I have got this one right it will be the first 1939er I've ever identified correctly but I'm not going to hold my breath LOL.

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse
    P
    Many

I'm sorry Wilko, but I have to worry you because this is the so-called fake "with rounded angles".
    Robert

?

I agree with Robert, the reason you can't identify it to a maker is because it's a fake. The date and the frame give it away.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you so much for this gentlemen. I owe you both my gratitude. Imperials are my speciality and that's why I need a little help even with the books I have.

You just saved me from making a massive mistake.

Ken

I think you did really well Ken, You thought it could be by Frank & Reif but deep down you knew even with the books you couldn't pin it down which led you to ask. Regards Paul

Crosses produced by Frank & Reif are quite expensive. I don't know who is selling this fake and for how much, but it can be made into a key ring at most, and that's what it's worth in my opinion.
    Robert

"Rounded angles" fake is something new I have learned today. very useful Robert, thanks

This is one of many fakes you can find. Surprisingly, there are so many fakes in the UK. Therefore, before purchasing a cross, if someone has even the slightest doubt, it would be a good idea to post photos on the forum with their question. This will save you wastage of money and disappointment. And unfortunately I will be hated even more by dealers.
    Robert

?

I thank you all for helping with this. I know it will help others as well. I will always research as much as I can and ask if I feel its not quite right.

Thank you once again
    Ken