Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Freidrich Linden nonmagnetic Schinkelform

Article about: Another recent addition is this unusual schinkel by Freidrich Linden. This cross is nonmagnetic and appears to be core type 2 with peak of "3" in "1939" pointed downwards

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Freidrich Linden nonmagnetic Schinkelform

Another recent addition is this unusual schinkel by Freidrich Linden. This cross is nonmagnetic and appears to be core type 2 with peak of "3" in "1939" pointed downwards. Also note the "splay footed" 1's. Ron

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Freidrich Linden nonmagnetic Schinkelform1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Freidrich Linden nonmagnetic Schinkelform1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Freidrich Linden nonmagnetic Schinkelform1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Freidrich Linden nonmagnetic Schinkelform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Freidrich Linden nonmagnetic Schinkelform
    P
    Many

?

Unusual and quirky cross and very hard to find. Good to see one posted because they are quite distinctive.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Unusual and quirky cross and very hard to find. Good to see one posted because they are quite distinctive.
    Thanks Adrian. I was very happy to acquire this one and filled a big hole on my wanted list

Weren't these at one point thought to be Assmann?

?

I believe so Ron although I'm not sure on the finer details. I haven't kept up with all the EK2 variants and the permutations and the makers responsible for them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Amazing that you find one in this condition Ron, awesome.

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Amazing that you find one in this condition Ron, awesome.
    Thanks Jamie. Only a few more I'm searching for now, including an elusive Schinkel B. Hoping to have an Otto Schickle one piece schinkel arriving soon. Most I have are rarer maker marked, LDO's and earlier variants. So hard to limit the scope of what to collect. Going to post soon a few pics of the EK2 collection so far . Ron

The Schickle schinkel is probably the only one which I have and you don’t at the moment lol.

Schinkels and the uncommon variants are also my cup of tea. I’m no ‘commoner’ when it comes to stuff haha.

Happy hunting

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    The Schickle schinkel is probably the only one which I have and you don’t at the moment lol.

Schinkels and the uncommon variants are also my cup of tea. I’m no ‘commoner’ when it comes to stuff haha.

Happy hunting
    I've seen the posts of some of the great crosses in your collection as well Jamie!
    Hoping to add a Schickle schinkel soon
    I've had a few opprtunities to get a Schinkel B, but always either a little too late or the condition was not what I was looking for.
    Hoping to find a Mayer Schinkel at some point too. I do have an L/50 with Mayer schinkel (early core) and Mayer LDO frame though. Also last year picked up a nice Coral Frame einzelpange which is thought to be a very early Schickle. Hoping to post pics of those soon.