Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker Straight Arm Variant?

Article about: Hoping to get confirmation on this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. It is being sold as a "Straight Arm" Variant. If it is in fact this variant, how rare is it in comparison to other cros

Default 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker Straight Arm Variant?

Hoping to get confirmation on this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. It is being sold as a "Straight Arm" Variant. If it is in fact this variant, how rare is it in comparison to other crosses?
    Thanks, Ron

1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker Straight Arm Variant? 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker Straight Arm Variant?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Unknown Maker Straight Arm Variant?
    P
    Many

Yes Ron. This is "Straight Arms", an early cross by Großmann & Co. PKZ 11 (SA standard core and frame). And you don't see him often.
    Robert

?

It looks a good match to mine which can be seen in the thread below:

The Unknown EK2 - #2.

These are very rare in my opinion. You don't see many of them. Rarer the the Odd Date EK2 for example.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes, these crosses are very rare. In addition, they come in three variants. I would call the presented one "classic". The second variant has an SA frame but the reverse of the core is standard for PKZ 11 (1,1a) and the third has a standard PKZ 11 frame but the reverse of the core is SA (2,2a). Finding these two borders on a miracle (luckily I have the third variant).
    Robert

Big thanks once again to manclino and Adrian for your expertise and opinions I went ahead and purchased this Straight Arms EK2 for my collection Ron

My congratulations Ron. Now "hunt" for the other two. You already know what these crosses are characterized by.
    Robert

Quote by manclino View Post
    My congratulations Ron. Now "hunt" for the other two. You already know what these crosses are characterized by.
    Robert
    Thanks Robert. I will keep a lookout for the other two. So happy just to have found one example of this rare cross Ron