Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback

Article about: This one coming up at auction. Sorry for small pictures; from their site. What should I look for when in person?

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback

This one coming up at auction. Sorry for small pictures; from their site. What should I look for when in person?
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback  1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback 
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-27-2018 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback
    P
    Many

Please read and keep this in mind.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

This looks like a Juncker, but there are a lot of fakes of this spange. The difference is the vein on the bottom left wing. On a real Juncker it runs through the feather, on a fake it runs under the feather. Look at this post 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 and go to the Juncker spange and look at the bottom left feather, it is the same on all Juncker spanges. Jim

thank you but I cannot see the link for some reason. I did search on Juncker but still don't see what you are pointing out. The vein is the line correct? The lower left vein appears to run against or under the feather above - is that what you are saying? Thanks.
    Quote by CMSgt View Post
    This looks like a Juncker, but there are a lot of fakes of this spange. The difference is the vein on the bottom left wing. On a real Juncker it runs through the feather, on a fake it runs under the feather. Look at this post 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 and go to the Juncker spange and look at the bottom left feather, it is the same on all Juncker spanges. Jim

Quote by josephc View Post
    thank you but I cannot see the link for some reason.
    You need to be a Gold Club Member to access any of the data bases.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Default Juncker

Here is a picture of a good Juncker spange, notice the area that I have circle on the left wing. The bottom feather with the vein that runs into the smaller feather.1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback

?

Default Juncker

This one is a fake Juncker, notice the same area and the vein runs under the small inner feather and not through.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback 

I got some close ups. If I'm looking at it correctly the vein goes under second row if feathers. Is that correct? So not original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Screwback  

?

Yep, it is a fake. Jim

Thank you for checking out and the outstanding lesson. Winning bid was $175 plus tax for $187.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast