Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 fake or not?

Article about: Hello! Is this clasp fake or not? How much can I get for it if it is original?

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 fake or not?

Hello!
    Is this clasp fake or not?
    How much can I get for it if it is original?
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 fake or not?1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 fake or not?1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 fake or not?
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-07-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 fake or not?
    P
    Many

How about a simple please and thank you??

We don't do price estimates here.. You can search some of the auction sites that have sold these in the past and you will find your price answer as well as your question on authenticity in most cases...

Did you try searching "Clasp for Iron Cross L/22 maker mark" ??

We encourage members to look at other original examples by using the search engine at the top right of the page and that will help you make a determination instead of having someone else do all the research and provide a quick answer...

Collecting Third Reich items is more about the research and getting to know what you are buying instead of a quick nod from members here if you only want a quick answer..

What are your thoughts about the clasp?

Smitty

?

Smitty, great post, it seems as of late a lot of threads have been started 'Real or Fake' ? Which is very tiresome after awhile..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post

Did you try searching "Clasp for Iron Cross L/22 maker mark" ??

Smitty
    You might find more information searching for,

"1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914, L/22"

Ralph.

Actually, I don't think you will find any information searching for L/22 because there is no original maker that used this LDO number.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

A genuine interest in history? Or an interest in making a quick buck? I think the answer is obvious in this case!

Regards
    Brett

TWS
    ?

I think the Spange is a fake. It looks downright crude.

Interestingly, Sebastian Bianchi lists Glaser & Söhne (L/22) as a documented maker of the Spange to the EKI.

Iron Cross

That actually made me get out of my chair and pull books. Gordon Williamson also lists them as a maker. However, Maerz and Stimson do not.

I hold Maerz and Stimson in the highest esteem among these sources, yet it is still interesting...
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    I think the Spange is a fake. It looks downright crude.

Interestingly, Sebastian Bianchi lists Glaser & Söhne (L/22) as a documented maker of the Spange to the EKI.

Iron Cross

That actually made me get out of my chair and pull books. Gordon Williamson also lists them as a maker. However, Maerz and Stimson do not.

I hold Maerz and Stimson in the highest esteem among these sources, yet it is still interesting...
    I once had one of these marked L/22 on the back.. And on the case was a small paper slip saying Glaser & Söhn L/22.. I sold it as original so sure hopes it was original!!
    The pin on mine was more flat and the details much better.
    Still have some pictures of it.

?

Sorry, but L/22 is not a spange maker. Look at my thread at the beginning of this forum and you will see all known makers. Jim

Quote by CMSgt View Post
    Sorry, but L/22 is not a spange maker. Look at my thread at the beginning of this forum and you will see all known makers. Jim
    Don't know if he is right.. But as TWS points out in his thread SEBASTIAN BIANCHI list them as a known maker.

?

the back isn't very good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast