MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased #2

Article about: A Souval cross I believe, though having looked into it there should be a flaw on the upper arm beading near the corner which I don't think is there, is this one a wartime cross? Any help as

?

Default Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased #2

A Souval cross I believe, though having looked into it there should be a flaw on the upper arm beading near the corner which I don't think is there, is this one a wartime cross?
    Any help as always is very much appreciated.
    CEiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased #2Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased #2Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased #2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eiserne Kreuz 1 Klasse cased #2
    P
    Many

I believe some consider this hardware set up to be post war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph, I was concerned it might have been but I don't know how to tell.
    C

There were countless discussions on this topic on forums. Opinions are divided. Some collectors believe that Souval crosses with a deep digit 3 and thick swaz are wartime crosses, others believe that they are post-war. I admit that I can't relate to this.
    Robert

?

At the end of the day, it's a Souval and their products will always be questioned and discussed. Some collectors believe one thing, others believe something different. I don't think there is a definitive answer, it's down to the individual to spend their money on what they like and what they want.
    No one can be 100% sure either way.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    At the end of the day, it's a Souval and their products will always be questioned and discussed. Some collectors believe one thing, others believe something different. I don't think there is a definitive answer, it's down to the individual to spend their money on what they like and what they want.
    No one can be 100% sure either way.
    That's just the way it is. It's called a paradox, in which each proponent of the theory is right or wrong.

?

Thanks for all the opinions, it's certainly a company that always manages to generate a conversation. I think I'll leave it where it is, I enjoy collecting crosses but I don't feel the need to collect every variant so I'll wait for a Souval a bit less disputed, if there is such a thing.
    Many thanks again for all the help.
    C