Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 15, Repainted or Not?

Article about: Hello Everyone, I have been looking for an EK1 for some time and have previously made a few posts while scouting for one. I've eventually decided to buy the EK1 as shown in the images below,

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 15, Repainted or Not?

Hello Everyone,

I have been looking for an EK1 for some time and have previously made a few posts while scouting for one.

I've eventually decided to buy the EK1 as shown in the images below, after some research it seems to be an authentic EK1 15 (Friedrich Orth, Wien).

I've only recently been able to enlarge the photos on the dealers website. The doubt is now creeping in.......

To me it looks to be authentic but I'm thinking it has been repainted at some stage.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, 15, Repainted or Not?
    P
    Many

It doesn't look re-painted to me, although it does have some damage in the top left corner. There is a little bit of black on the top right of the frame. Don't know what this is, it might be that someone has done a very small touch up job, but can't see where

Thanks for replying thecyclist64.

Yes it was the black on the top right of the frame that set me off worrying.

Hopefully others will jump in with their thoughts as well.

In my opinion, if someone had improved, you would see this on the surface, you can only get a smooth surface if you paint the core in one go. The rest looks great to me ...............

Hi Rosenberg,

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it. You seem to be collecting a lot of EK’s!! Always impressed with your photos.

If I’m understanding correctly the consensus seems to be that it has not been repainted.

The cross is currently on the way to me, I should have it within the next few days. I will make sure to take detailed photos when the cross arrives and update this thread. Hopefully the new photos will help determine what caused the black mark or if indeed there even is one. Could be a trick of the light/reflection, I find that unlikely but we will see.

I’ve also ordered The Iron Cross 1. Class by Dietrich Maerz reference book. I’ve seen it recommended many times.

IMO, a little paint on the frame is nothing to worry about.
    You have to remember, the finish was sprayed on the core after the cross was assembled.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    You have to remember, the finish was sprayed on the core after the cross was assembled.
    Ralph.
    I didn't know that!
    Thanks Ralph

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I didn't know that!
    Thanks Ralph
    I will post a few photos when I get home.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    IMO, a little paint on the frame is nothing to worry about.
    Ralph.
    Thanks for your input Ralph. Very much appreciated.

I was not aware that they were finished in such a way either. Very interesting. My mind is more at ease.

Look forward to photos.

(just discovered how to reply to a particular comment, result)

I apparently don't have the photos I was thinking of. I will find, and post them in the near future.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast