Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich Orth

Article about: Hey collectors. I stumbled upon this three piece construction Iron cross by the maker Friedrich Orth on a dealers site. at first glance I really like the aged appearance of the cross, with t

?

Question Eisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich Orth

Hey collectors.

I stumbled upon this three piece construction, magnetic core Iron cross by the maker Friedrich Orth on a dealers site.
    at first glance I really like the aged appearance of the cross, with the paint worn down on the core and on the entirety of the swastika

That being said, in my opinion It seems as if the paint has been deliberately removed to make it seem more pronounced with that aged look.

In terms of the back with hinge and the pin, there is no maker mark evident. I am very new to collecting First class Iron crosses so I am not well educated on the hinge, pin etc.

If anyone can share an opinion on these photos attached below of this cross & maker - that would be very helpful.

Thanks so much
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich Orth   Eisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich Orth  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich Orth
    P
    Many

?

Recipients often removed the paint from the swastika and dates to highlight them, that is nothing to worry about.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

And here for confirmation you have another example. The cross is marked.
    Robert

Eisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich OrthEisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich Orth

?

Don't worry about the paint removed of swastika...That was done even on RK
    Regards
    ARNAUD
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes kreuz 1. klasse 1939 - Friedrich Orth  

?

Thank you very much for your insight everyone