Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin

Article about: I'd be grateful for your opinions regarding the Authenticity of this EK1... It's Multi-Piece Construction & Non-Magnetic and appears to have a repainted core, and the curvature seems a b

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin

I'd be grateful for your opinions regarding the Authenticity of this EK1... It's Multi-Piece Construction & Non-Magnetic and appears to have a repainted core, and the curvature seems a bit "Off" -If my eyes are serving me correctly -Your input is appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin  
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-28-2023 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin
    P
    Many

Pin hinge as in the AdHP PKZ 24. But I have not heard of the non-magnetic version. I'm afraid it might be another copy of Floch? But maybe someone else can chime in.
    Robert

?

The only other horizontal pin EK1 I've seen is, according to the seller by Funcke & BrĂ¼ninghaus see below. The reverse set up looks like a match but the obverse is completely different. The reverse also looks like a '24' as Robert says but this is a puzzling cross.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I also looked at the F&B L/56 but he too had no crosses with a non-magnetic core.
    Robert

It's a Deschler EK1. The question is more: from what period?

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Kind regards,
    Nick

?

Interesting thread Nick. So at best, a late war piece but also quite likely a post war made/assembled EK.

Glenn, do you have better images?

The Cross is pkz unmarked, so either early war or postwar. Since it is a perfect match to a 57er Deschler in terms of hardware and flaws, I'd say the latter?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin  

?

I don't think early war, the dies look worn and flaws are present so I'd say very, very late war or, as you say post war.

Some better pics....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse Brass Core & Horizontal Pin