Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse maker.?

Article about: Hi gentleman, I have acquired this cross and boxes recently. There is no maker mark on the cross. I was hoping someone could give me some information about these items please. WW2 german col

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse maker.?

Hi gentleman,
    I have acquired this cross and boxes recently.
    There is no maker mark on the cross. I was hoping someone could give me some information about these items please.
    WW2 german collectables are quite hard to come across in New Zealand so fakes abound.
    The black case has no push button on the side, I have seen some like this before but definitely not the norm.
    Have also seen the cardboard outer on the net but I am a bit dubious about it.
    Would the cross be a bh mayer?
    Looking forward to hearing from you knowledgeable members.
    Thanks in advance.
    Grant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse maker.?   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse maker.?  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse maker.?   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse maker.?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse maker.?
    P
    Many

To my untrained eye, the cross certainly looks like a good, early BH Mayer. The hardware setup matches known examples.

Hopefully someone else will be along to confirm (and not shoot me out of the water).

Great find with the cardboard box too.

Jamie

I agree - B.H. Meyer for sure, well done!

Hi ,
    Thanks for taking time to reply to my post and confirming my cross. What do you think of the cardboard outer box, I saw on a site that posted the same box someone was a bit dubious about it. Also the black box has no catch on the front which I thought was a bit strange.
    I saw a similar cross and the two boxes in an old manions auction book vol 21 1995 lot no I1021 for $200 and went for $369.
    Thanks again for your replies.
    Regards
    Grant

No concerns regarding either box, both good examples. All of these things came in many different styles and closing mechanisms. A search of this sub forum will probably show you many. There are also a number of excellent books on the subject.

Re that auction book, I would pay very little to attention to any numbers it spouts $ wise

Happy hunting.

Thanks for the info about the boxes.
    I would love to have the Dietrich Maertz book on iron crosses but it's quite hard to aquire in New Zealand.
    I will check out the sub forum.
    Cheers
    Grant