Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question

Article about: Seller provided pictures of this EKI - not clearest but I hope enough for an opinion. I question the maker marking; he says it is "S1" and I cannot find that in the list of manufac

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question

Seller provided pictures of this EKI - not clearest but I hope enough for an opinion. I question the maker marking; he says it is "S1" and I cannot find that in the list of manufacturers. The selling price is $200.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question  

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question   Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question
    P
    Many

?

Replaced pin in my opinion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

When I told seller I was unfamiliar with maker mark S1 on pin he sent me this information but I am not sure what it is telling me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - maker question  

?

I'm not sure what he's telling you either. What he has sent has nothing to do with this EK. He is either completely ignorant of what he's sent or is hoping you are.

The pin and it's marking is bogus, there is no S1 mark on an EK1 and to try and link it to an S-Boot is ridiculous. There are many EK1s out there, I would move away from this one and the seller.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have to agree with Adrian, I would forget about this cross if I were you.
    The information he has sent you have nothing to do with this cross.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I think they tried to put 51 in the flute needle. but they lacked a descent 5 and instead used an S. Even if the cross is ok and it was just a needle replacement, you will always have discussions when you try to sell this one in future. So I would also pass.
    UNLESS: unless the seller wants about $25 for it. Then I think it is worth the gamble.