Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart

Article about: Last year I showed one of the screwback Schickle EK1 which I was lucky to find. Here I show the other, even more special in my eyes as it is a one piece Schinkel form cross by Otto Schickle.

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart

Last year I showed one of the screwback Schickle EK1 which I was lucky to find.

Here I show the other, even more special in my eyes as it is a one piece Schinkel form cross by Otto Schickle.

As well as that. A few weeks ago I spotted a 1914 EK1 screwback cross and jumped on it. It is the counterpart of the above, same beading pattern and frame design, along with the screw and disc on the reverse.

Cheers

Jamie

1939er
    Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse, one piece, schinkel form screwback, Otto Schickle, plus 1914 EK1 counterpart
    P
    Many

?

These are great! Not the prettiest EKs by any stretch but they are rare and very unique. I wonder about the manufacturing of them if they have the same beading pattern. Was there a master die with a blank core that was used to produce dies on which the different core designs were added?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Good question re the frame, I'm currently looking into it.

It may be that I am mistaken, but from what I've seen from studying both crosses, the beading pattern is almost, if not entirely identical, barring the wear on both. I'm not quite sure how this would have been accomplished but like you say perhaps there was a master die of sorts.

Hopefully I will be able to find out more, even if it is to debunk my statement of similarity.

?

It would be interesting to find out, I guess these one piece EKs are the only ones that the question can be asked about the manufacturing process being the same yet different.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....