Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarked

Article about: Hello friends, I purchased this unmarked EKI from Willem Duijst at Tarn Militaria. I have only owned one EK1 and it turned out to be a fake. So now I am unsure about this example. The core i

Default Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarked

Hello friends, I purchased this unmarked Eisernes Kreuz from Willem Duijst at Tarn Militaria. I have only owned one before and it turned out to be a fake. So now I am unsure about this example. The core is magnetic. There appears to be a seam around the entire edge of the outer silver cross section. I had some trouble getting decent photos but hopefully these are sufficient. Thanks in advance for your input. Neil

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarkedEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarkedEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarkedEisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarked
    Last edited by Neil Hever; 10-12-2022 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarked
    P
    Many

I shouldn't have to be doing this for older members.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, Es tut mir leid. I do know the proper terminology and I can pronounce it properly too. ; ) In the past I have made posts about the Kriegsverdienstkreuz Erste Klasse, Verwundetenabzeichen usw. I guess I slipped up and used collector jargon. I assume you corrected the post. Thanks for that. Looking forward now to some feedback post title correction. Neil

The frame is from Souval, and the core appears to be likewise, with the swastika on a pedestal (standing quite high). As for wartime or not, I can never remember which is which, so hopefully someone will be along soon.

I have a wartime Souval somewhere in my collection, will see if I can dig it out for you to compare.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie, Thanks for your reply! I do hope it is a Zweite Weltkrieg era example. I would appreciate a comparison. Also, I can take some better photos. Neil

Here we go Neil, found it propping up a chair leg haha.

Mine differs to yours core wise but the frame and hardware are the same.

This one must be wartime as it belonged to none other than the Feldmarschall himself......

Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse unmarked

Neil, I believe yours is an accepted war time version due to the hardware.
    I believe this one has what is considered post war hardware.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks so much for the feedback. I did note the hardware appeared to be correct but my experience with the award is limited. I appreciate the time taken to review my example. NH

TWS
    ?

Hi Neil. If you are starting to get the itch to collect EK's I would recommend picking up a copy of "The Iron Cross 1. Class" by Maerz and Stimson. Another good reference is Gordan Williamson's book, "The Iron Cross of 1939".

If your approach is more "one and done" then you may not need to purchase those books unless you are just intellectually curious.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I just wanted to get one Iron Cross first class in addition to the second class I purchased years ago. Thanks for the recommendation on books though - appreciated. I purchased this second class with bag and ribbon paper when I was 16. That was back in 1976 when it was easier to find original examples. Neil