Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authentication

Article about: I am in need of help with authenticating my Iron Cross Second Class which I bought from Berlin. I have contacted the folks over at Militaria Collecting: For those who appreciate the historic

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authentication

I am in need of help with authenticating my Iron Cross Second Class which I bought from Berlin. I have contacted the folks over at Militaria Collecting: For those who appreciate the historical relics of wars passed. and I have verified that:
    * It is indeed made of 3 separate pieces ; the core and the 2 frames. (I can fit paper between the core and the frame).
    * That it is unmarked on the ring

With my current information I am not completely sure whether it is an authentic Iron Cross.
    Here are the images: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authentication
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-03-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse authentication
    P
    Many

You need to upload your images to the forum to get any help otherwise the thread becomes useless Regards ,Paul

Alright will do thanks.

I am no expert when it comes to 1939 crosses but I am not seeing a separate core.
    It looks like 2 cast halves put together. -- just my opinion.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I agree with chopperman it does look like a two piece casting, there should be no ingress of the black finish of the core on the silver frame .Regards, Paul

MAP
    ?

Stick with dedicated militaria forums like here. Reddit and FB pages typically do not have contributors with the experience that is needed to properly evaluate items,

Also, always post an item before you buy. Regardless of where you buy it or the reputation of the seller

We have our own classifieds section on the forum. Plus there are a number of reputable dealers out there to purchase from. You can start buy looking at our forum sponsors.

Here is another dealer that usually has a good stock of EK'S

Home | Original German Militaria
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have done some more research and apparently the frames should be magnetic. I tried it and it seems like only one section of the frame below the 1939 is magnetic. I can only fit paper between the core and the frame on one corner too.

Mmmmmm. Not good. Wait for more opinions.