MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Authentication

Article about: Hi guys My friends late Grandad had given him a some of his militaria and amongst various things including lots of British bits, there was also some German. I can't see a number on the ring

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Authentication

Hi guys

My friends late Grandad had given him a some of his militaria and amongst various things including lots of British bits, there was also some German.

I can't see a number on the ring or on the medal. The core is magnetic and there is very slight movement to the core (the same was as with my own genuine example). My gut feeling is this is an original but I am always very unsure with German stuff due to the number of repro's. Sorry but I haven't worked out how to rotate the images.

Would anybody be able to assist in whether this one is genuine or not? I also have an EK1 to check as I am less sure since I don't have an example of my own to compare it to. I have also queried a 1914 EK2 in that section of the forum in case anybody is able to assist.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Tom

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse AuthenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse AuthenticationEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Authentication
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-22-2022 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Authentication
    P
    Many

Please read this thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Pictures the right way up this time (many thanks to Ralph for the tips!) in case anybody is able to assist. I have a feeling this is genuine based on the wear, magnetic core and feel of it in hand but would love to hear from those in the know. Thanks in advance guys.

Tom