Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Authentic Cross?

Article about: Help please regarding this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Not sure if it is an authentic PKZ66 or not. The frame and numerals are close but I am not fully convinced. Also in the Maer

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Authentic Cross?

Help please regarding this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Not sure if it is an authentic PKZ66 or not. The frame and numerals are close but I am not fully convinced. Also in the Maerz book, the PKZ number appears to be in a box. This one does not. This cross does have very dark paint and the PKZ number appears on the seam of the ring, both indicative of Keller. Are there any other distinguishing features to be found on a PKZ66? Thanks. Ron

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Authentic Cross?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Authentic Cross?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Authentic Cross?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Keller PKZ66. Authentic Cross?
    P
    Many

?

Looks fine to me Ron. I've never seen a mark in a box. My example is marked the same as this one, on the join of the ribbon ring and the number is not in a box and has a distinctive full stop after it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Looks fine to me Ron. I've never seen a mark in a box. My example is marked the same as this one, on the join of the ribbon ring and the number is not in a box and has a distinctive full stop after it.
    Thanks Adrian. Would it be possible to post a picture of your PKZ66 and makers mark? Here is the picture of the one in the Maerz book that seems to show the number in a box. The dot also seems to be closer to the "66". Two types of mm possibly like the PKZ123 and PKZ137?

?

I think that's just the stamp. Whoever did that one was in a bad mood because they have given it such a whack, the imprint of the tool has left a mark.

I've tried searching for mine, I'm sure I've posted it here before but I can only find an image of the makers mark. I can't access my files at the moment to post it again but I'll try and take more pics in the next few days.

?

Here's a link to a couple more examples.

EK2 mm66

Thanks for the link. Does everything else seem correct with the PKZ66 I posted? Such as the date style and frame design? Are there any other noticeable features to look for on a PKZ66 cross?

?

Dates and frame are compatible with this maker, it's an original Keller in my opinion.

If you look at post #7 in the link above, you will see the cross posted by fabri also has the lines around the makers mark stamp.

I agree with Adrian. This is a very good F. Keller PKZ 66 cross. And the impact indeed must have been strong and the edge of the locksmith mark bounced off. For comparison (from my cross) barely visible marker.
    Robert