Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying maker

Article about: Happy new year all! My first Eisernes Kreuz for the year. Have been trying in vain to identify a maker for this one (ring is unmarked). If anyone can help steer me in the right direction I w

?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying maker

Happy new year all!

My first Eisernes Kreuz for the year. Have been trying in vain to identify a maker for this one (ring is unmarked). Core seems repainted.
    If anyone can help steer me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for looking

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying makerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying makerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying makerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying maker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying maker
    P
    Many

The cross hatching on the inner and outer beading corners should narrow it down to a few makers.

?

Hi Chrish, thank you for the reply. That is exactly what I have been doing but have not come across a match yet.
    I am however still looking again, I will try the ek2 dna database now.

?

Could it be a "Ricahrd Simm & Sohne"? My frame in worn but I'm seeing quite a few similarities.
    Although I cannot find an unmarked example of Ricahrd Simm & Sohne.

Maybe I am wrong but looks like unmarked 13 G.Brehmer!

"Maybe I am wrong but looks like unmarked 13 G.Brehmer!"

It does at first glance, but when you look more closely the cross-hatching on some of the inner beading corners indicate it is something else.

?

Any maker that you think it might be Chrish?
    I'm really struggling to find a perfect match.
    Please keep in mind that mine does have some wear so not all the cross-hatchings etc might look perfect on the photo.

It has crosshatching on beading corners, it doesn't have a lug. That combination of facts limits this to very few possible makers. The frame could be a unmarked Maria Schenkl, the core however does not match (at least from what I can tell in the photos). It may be worth while to take straight on photos of the obverse and reverse, using different lighting than the ones you already posted. It may bring out different details and help solve this mystery.

?

Fantastic, I will take a couple more photos tomorrow and try to get more detail. Thank you for the help thus far Chrish124

?

Here are better photos that can be enlarged quite a bit. Hope this will help.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying makerEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Need help identifying maker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast